About this blog

Leonardo Sanchez Miranda and his family
Leonardo Sanchez Miranda and his family in Mexico.

Leonardo Jaime Alejandro Sanchez Miranda, That's the name my parents decided to use when I was registered.  Trough my life, I've been a little different from the other people, and I think those differences have helped me create a really nice feeling of empathy with the ones around me.  Why is he saying this? you ask, and the answer is just to create a little bit of background. 

I've decided to start writing some more like I used to do when I was younger, and hopefully this time I will have better ideas.  I recently started a separate blog which I'll try to use for professional topics, you can take a look here

This blog is not supposed to be about technology, or programming, or video games.  This blog is intended to show that part that a lot of people ask me about when they realize I'm from Mexico "What is it like to leave your home behind?", "What do you miss the most?", "Why did you come here?", "Which cultural differences do you find?", and many others.

I would like to give you an idea of what it's like to be a "Chilango" in the USA.  For the ones who are not familiar with the term, chilango, according to Wikipedia is:

Chilango is a Mexican slang demonym for residents of Mexico City. The Royal Spanish Academy and the Mexican Academy of Language give the definition of the word as referring to something "belonging to Mexico City",[1][2] in particular referring to people native to the capital.
 So there you go.  During the following days, I'll try to create a picture of what it is to be born and raised in Mexico for 28 years, and then one day drive 36 hours straight to a new Country, full of new people and experiences.

Curious about it? If you are reading this and you have any questions, leave a comment and I'll try to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts